Sacred Heart Oratory
Ministry of Caring
Sacred Heart Oratory is a Romanesque Revival church built in 1875. The interior was renovated to create a space consistent with the current liturgical documents of the Catholic Church. The altar rail was removed and a new platform was added allowing the altar and ambo to be relocated within the nave. Fixed pews were removed and reconfigured to provide moveable seating adjacent to the new altar and ambo. The tabernacle was relocated to the original altar in the former sanctuary. The project also included restoration of the historic stained glass windows and murals, new finishes, lighting and HVAC system.